(1) S Li, N Ni*, B Wu, C Li, Q Ding, Z He*, Ti3SiC2 interphase coating in SiCf/SiC composites: Effect of the coating fabrication atmosphere and temperature, Journal of the European Ceramic Society (2021), 41(12),5850-5862
(2) X.H. Fan*，N Ni*, X Wang, W Hao, F Guo, X Zhao, Mechanically isotropic alumina prepared by spark plasma sintering: The role of pyrolytic carbon and multilayer graphene, Journal of the European Ceramic Society (2021), 41 (7), 4242-4251
(3) J. Jiang, N Ni*, W Xiao, X Zhao, F Guo, X Fan, Q Ding, W Hao, P Xiao, Robust ceramic nanofibrous membranes with ultra-high water flux and nanoparticle rejection for self-standing ultrafiltration, Journal of the European Ceramic Society (2021), 41 (7), 4264-4272
(4) W.Hao, N. Ni*, T.Y. Liu, L. Zhou, Y. Yao, L. Li, J. Jiang, Y.C. Shi, X.F. Zhao and P. Xiao, Ablation resistance of HfC(Si, O)-HfB2(Si, O) composites fabricated by one-step reactive spark plasma sintering, Journal of the European Ceramic Society, (2021) 41(4): 2226-2238
(5) W. W. Xiao#, N. Ni#*, X. H. Fan, X.F. Zhao, Y.Z. Liu and P. Xiao, Ambient fabrication of reduced graphene oxide/zirconia composites by flash sintering: role of reduced graphene oxide, Journal of Materials Science and Technology, (2021), 60: 70-76
(6) B.B.Wu, N. Ni*, X.H. Fan, X.F. Zhao, F.W. Guo, Q. Ding and P. Xiao, Scheelite coatings on SiC fiber: Effect of coating temperature and atmosphere, Ceramics International, (2021), 47(2): 1693-1703
(7) N. Ni*, W. Hao, T.Y. Liu, L. Zhou, F.W Guo, X.F. Zhao and P. Xiao, Oxidation/ablation behaviors of hafnium carbide-silicon carbonitride systems at 1500 and 2500 C, Ceramics International, (2020) 46 (15): 23840-23853
(8) Qi Ding, Dewei Ni*, Na Ni, Youlin Jiang, Bowen Chen, Xiaowu Chen, Jun Lu, Yaran Niu, Haijun Zhou, and Shaoming Dong. Thermal damage and microstructure evolution mechanisms of Cf/SiBCN composites during plasma ablation. Corrosion Science (2020), 169: 108621
(9) W. Hao, N. Ni*, Yi Guo, H.Y. Cai, X.H. Fan, Y. Yao, X.F. Zhao and P. Xiao, Strong and tough HfC-HfB2 solid-solution composites obtained by reactive sintering with a novel SiB6 additive, Ceramics International, (2020) 46 (10): 16257-16265
(10) B.B.Wu, N. Ni*, X.F. Zhao; X.H. Fan; P. Xiao and F.W. Guo, Strength retention in scheelite coated SiC fibers: Effect of the gas composition and pre-heat treatment, Journal of the European Ceramic Society, 40 (2020):2801-2810
(11) B. Wu, N. Ni*, X. Fan, X. Zhao, P. Xiao and F. Guo, Strength degradation of SiC fibers with a porous ZrB2-SiC coating: Role of the coating porous structure, Journal of the European Ceramic Society, 40 (2020): 961-971
(12) X. Li, X. Fan, N. Ni*, X. Zhao, C. Li and P. Xiao, Continuous alumina fiber-reinforced yttria-stabilized zirconia composites with high density and toughness, Journal of the European Ceramic Society, 40 (2020): 1539-1548
(13) Wenfu Chen, Xiao Shan, Jianghua Li, Yi Guo, Fangwei Guo, Xiaofeng Zhao, Na Ni* and Ping Xiao, Effects of iron and platinum on the isothermal oxidation of β-NiAl overlay coatings fabricated by spark plasma sintering, Surface and Coatings Technology (2020), 382: 125178
(14) J. Jiang, N. Ni* Xf. Zhao, FW. Guo, XH. Fan, P. Xiao, Flexible and robust YAG-Al2O3 composite nanofibrous membranes enabled by a hybrid nanocrystalline-amorphous structure, Journal of the European Ceramic Society (2020), 40(6): 2463-2469
(15) W. Hao, Na Ni, Yi Guo, Chuanwei Li, Xiaohui Fan, Weiwei Xiao, Xiaofeng Zhao and Ping Xiao, Densification, strengthening and toughening in hafnium carbide with the addition of silicon carbonitride, Journal of American Ceramic Society, 00 (2020):1–13
(16) J Jiang, N Ni*, W. Hao, X. Zhao, F. Guo, X. Fan and P. Xiao, Effects of sintering atmosphere on the densification and microstructure of yttrium aluminum garnet fibers prepared by sol-gel process, Journal of the European Ceramic Society (2019), 39 (16): 5332-5337
(17) N Ni*, Cheng Cheng Wang, San Ping Jiang and Stephen J. Skinner, Synergistic effects of temperature and polarization on Cr poisoning of La0.6Sr0.4Co0.2Fe0.8O3-d solid oxide fuel cell cathodes, Journal of Materials Chemistry A (2019), 7, 9253-9262
(18) X. Xie, B. Liu, R. Liu, X. Zhao, N.Ni and P Xiao, Comparison of hydrothermal corrosion behavior of SiC with Al2O3 and Al2O3 + Y2O3 sintering additives, Journal of American Ceramic Society, 102 (2019): 5555–5564
(19) X. Xie, B. Liu, Y. Guo, R. Liu, X. Zhao, N.Ni*, F. Guo, and P Xiao, Effect of hydrothermal corrosion on the fracture strength of SiC layer in TRISO fuel particles, Journal of American Ceramic Society (2019) 102, 5555–5564
(20) WF.Chen, L. He, Y. Guo, X Shan, JH Li, FW Guo, XF Zhao, N. Ni*, P. Xiao, Effects of reactive element oxides on the isothermal oxidation ofβ-NiAl coatings fabricated by spark plasma sintering, Surface and Coatings Technology, 367 (2019), 322-331
(21) W. Hao, N. Ni*, F. Guo, F. Cao, J. Jiang, X. Zhao*, P. Xiao, High fracture toughness of HfC through nano‐scale templating and novel sintering aids, Journal of American Ceramic Society (2019), 102(3):997-1009
(22) DL．Jin#, N. Ni#, Y. Guo, ZH. Zou, X.Wang, FW. Guo, XF. Zhao, P. Xiao, Corrosion of the bonding at FeCrAl/Zr alloy interfaces in steam, Journal of nuclear materials, 508 (2018) 411-422
(23) C. Ferraro, S. Meille, J. Réthoré, N. Ni, J. Chevalier, E. Saiz, Strong and tough metal/ceramic micro-laminates. Acta Materialia, 144 (2018) 202–215.
(24) FM.Pesc, M. Sokolikova, C. Grotta, PC. Sherrell, F. Reale, K. Sharda, N. Ni, P. Palczynski, C. Mattevi, MoS2/WS2 heterojunction for photoelectrochemical water oxidation, ACS Catalysis, 7 (2017), 4990–4998
(25) E. García-Tuñón, VG. Rocha, C. Botas, F. Markoulidis, E. Feilden, Ezra, E. D'Elia, N. Ni, M. Shaffer and E. Saiz, Multi-material 3D printing of Graphene-based electrodes for Electrochemical Energy Storage using Thermo-Responsive Inks. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 9 (2017) 37136–37145
(26) S.-R. G. Christopoulos, E. Zapata-Solvas, N. Ni, W. E. Lee, A. Chroneos, Experimental synthesis and DFT investigation of radiation tolerance of Zr₃(Al₁–ₓ,Siₓ)C₂ MAX phases, Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 100 (2017) 1377-1387.
(27) P. Olivia, VG. Rocha, C. Ferraro, N. Ni, T. Peijs, M.J. Reece and E. Saiz, Using graphene networks to build bio-inspired self-monitoring ceramics. Nature Communications, 14425 (2017).
(28) E. Feilden*, T. Giovannini, N. Ni*, C. Ferraro, L. Vandeperre, E. Saiz and F. Giuliani, Micromechanical Strength of Individual Al2O3 Platelets, Script Materialia, 131 (2017) 55-58.
(29) N. Ni*, S. Samuel, R. Williams, N. Kemen, S. Skinner and D. McComb, Degradation of (La0.6Sr0.4)0.95(Co0.2Fe0.8)O3-δsolid oxide fuel cell cathodes at the nanoscale and below. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, 8 (2016) 17360-70
(30) N.Nasiri, P Niranjan, N. Ni, D. Jayaseelan, W. Lee, Oxidation behaviour of SiC/SiC ceramic matrix composite in air, Journal of European Ceramic Society, 36 (2016) 3293–3302
(31) N. Ni*, S. Skinner, Combined Cr and Mo poisoning of (La,Sr)(Co,Fe)O3 − δ solid oxide fuel cell cathodes at the nanoscale. Solid State Ionics, 288 (2016) 28-31
(32) N. Ni*, S. Barg, FM Perez, E. Saiz. Understanding the mechanical response of elastomeric graphene networks. Scientific Reports, 13712(2015).
(33) E. D’Elia, S. Barg, N. Ni, VG. Rocha, E. Saiz, Self-healing graphene-based composites with sensing capabilities. Advanced Materials, 27 (2015) 32.
(34) M. Boix, S.Eslava, N. Ni, E. Saiz, J. De Coninck, ATR-FTIR measurements of albumin and fibrinogen adsorption: Inert versus calcium phosphate ceramics. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research A. 103 (2015) 3493-502
(35) N. Al Nasiri, N. Ni, E. Saiz, J. Wang, J. Chevalier, L.J. Vandeperre and F. Giuliani, Effect of microstructure and grain boundary chemistry on slow crack growth in silicon carbide at ambient conditions. Journal of the European Ceramic Society, 35 (2015) 2253-2260.
(36) R. Nicholls, N. Ni, S. Lozano-Perez, A. London, DW. McComb, PD. Nellist, C. R.M. Grovenor, C. J. Pickard, J. R. Yates, Crystal structure of the ZrO phase at zirconium / zirconium oxide interfaces. Advanced Energy Materials, 17 (2015) 211-215
(37) J Hu, A. Garner, N. Ni, A. Gholinia, R. Nicholls, S. Lozano-Perez, et al. Identifying suboxide grains at the metal–oxide interface of a corroded Zr–1.0%Nb alloy using (S)TEM, transmission-EBSD, and EELS. Micron, 69 (2015) 35-42
(38) S. Taub, K. Neuhaus, H. Wiemhöfer, Na Ni, J. Kilner, A. Atkinson, The effects of Co and Cr on the electrical conductivity of cerium gadolinium oxide, Solid State Ionics, 282 (2015) 54-62
(39) S. Barg, FM Perez, N. Ni, P. Pereira. RC Maher, E. Garcia-Tuñon, S.Agnoli, S Eslava, C. Mattevi and E Saiz, Mesoscale Assembly of Chemically Modified Graphene into Complex Cellular Networks. Nature Communications, 5 (2014) 4328.
(40) N. Ni*, Y. Kaufmann, WD. Kaplan, E. Saiz, The interfacial properties and mass transport in Ni(Al)/Al2O3 System: An implication of very low oxygen activity. Acta Materialia, 64 (2013) 282-296.
(41) C. Walter, S. Barg, N. Ni, R.C. Maher, E. Garcia-Tunon, E. Saiz, A novel approach for the fabrication of hybrid CNT/ceramic porous structure, Journal of the European Ceramic Society, 33 (2013) 2365-2374.
(42) S. Yardley, K. Moore, N. Ni, JF, Wei, S. Lyon, M. Preuss, S. Lozano-Perez, CRM Grovenor, An investigation of the oxidation behaviour of zirconium alloys using isotopic tracers and high-resolution SIMS, Journal of Nuclear Materials, 443 (2013) 436-443
(43) N. Ni*, D. Hudson, J. Wei, P. Wang, S. Lozano-Perez, G. Smith, J. Sykes, S. Yardley, K. Moore, S. Lyon, R. Cottis, M. Preuss, C. Grovenor, How the crystallography and nano-scale chemistry of the metal/oxide interface develops during the aqueous oxidation of zirconium cladding alloys, Acta Materialia, 60 (2012) 7132-7149
(44) N. Ni*, S. Lozano-Perez, J. Sykes, C. Grovenor, Multi-scale characterisation of oxide on zirconium alloys, Materials at High Temperatures 29 (2012) 166-170.
(45) N. Ni*, S. Lozano-Perez, J. Sykes, C. Grovenor, Focused Ion Beam sectioning for the 3-D characterization of cracking in oxide scales formed on commercial ZIRLOT alloys during corrosion in high temperature pressurised water, Corrosion Science,53 (2011) 4073-4083.
(46) N. Ni*, S. Lozano-Perez, J. Sykes, C. Grovenor, Quantitative EELS analysis of zirconium alloy metal/oxide interfaces, Ultramicroscopy, 111 (2011) 123-130.
(47) C. Harnish, N. Ni, A.Kulkarni, V. Zaporojtchenko, T. Strunskus, F. Faupel, Fast electrical response to volatile organic compounds of 2D Au nanoparticle layers embedded into polymers, Journal of Materials Science, 46 (2011) 438-445.
(48) N. Ni*, S. Lozano-Perez, M.L. Jenkins, C. English, G.D.W. Smith, J.M. Sykes, CRM Grovenor, Porosity in oxides on zirconium fuel cladding alloys, and its importance in controlling oxidation rates, Scripta Materialia, 62 (2010) 564-567.
(49) S Lozano-Perez, N Ni, K Kruska, T Terachi, T Yamada, FIB sequential sectioning as a tool to understand environmental materials degradation in 3D, Journal of the Institute of Nuclear Safety System, 17 (2010) 188-199