Publications as first- and (co)-corresponding author
1) F. Yang#,*, Y. Hu#, Q. Hu*, S. Steiner, T. Frömling*, L. Li, P. Wu, E. Pradal-Velázquez and D. C. Sinclair*, “Dramatic impact of the TiO2 polymorph on the electrical properties of ‘stoichiometric’ Na0.5Bi0.5TiO3 ceramics prepared by solid-state reaction”, Journal of Materials Chemistry A (2022), doi: 10.1039/D1TA09668K.
2) J. Li#, F. Yang#,*, Y. Du, X. Cai, Q. Hu and J. Zhang*, “Bi0.15Sr0.85Co0.8Fe0.2O3-δ perovskite: A novel bifunctional oxygen electrocatalyst with superior durability in alkaline media”, Journal of Materials Science & Technology 108 (2022) 158-163.
3) F. Yang, J. S. Dean, Q. Hu, P. Wu, E. Pradal-Velázquez, L. Li and D. C. Sinclair, “From insulator to oxide-ion conductor by a synergistic effect from defect chemistry and microstructure: acceptor-doped Bi-excess sodium bismuth titanate Na0.5Bi0.51TiO3.015”, Journal of Materials Chemistry A 8 (2020) 25120-25130.
4) F. Yang, A. R. West and D. C. Sinclair, “Non-ohmic conduction in sodium bismuth titanate: the influence of oxide-ion conduction”, Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics 22 (2020) 20941-20950.
5) H. Liu, X. Ge, Q. Hu*, F. Yang* and J. Li, “A new sight into the glass forming ability caused by doping on Ba- and Ti-site in BaTi2O5 glass”, Journal of Materials Science and Technology 54 (2020) 112-118.
6) C. Zhang#, X. Ge#, Q. Hu*, F. Yang*, P. Lai, C. Shi, W. Lu and J. Li, “Atomic scale structural analysis of liquid immiscibility in binary silicate melt: a case of SiO2-TiO2 system”, Journal of Materials Science and Technology 53 (2020) 53-60. (Front cover article)
7) F. Yang, P. Wu and D. C. Sinclair. "Electrical conductivity and conduction mechanisms in (Na0.5Bi0.5TiO3)1-x(BiScO3)x (0<=x<=0.25) solid solutions", Journal of Materials Chemistry C 6 (2018) 11598-11607.
8) F. Yang, L. Li, P. Wu, E. Pradal-Velázquez, H. K. Pearce and D. C. Sinclair. “Use of the time constant related parameter fmax to calculate the activation energy of bulk conduction in ferroelectrics”, Journal of Materials Chemistry C 6 (2018) 9258-9268.
9) F. Yang, M. Li, L. Li, P. Wu, E. Pradal-Velázquez and D. C. Sinclair. “Defect chemistry and electrical properties of Na0.5Bi0.5TiO3 perovskite”, Journal of Materials Chemistry A 6 (2018) 5241-5242.
10) F. Yang, M. Li, L. Li, P. Wu, E. Pradal-Velázquez and D. C. Sinclair. “Optimisation of oxide-ion conductivity in acceptor-doped Na0.5Bi0.5TiO3 perovskite: approaching the limit?”, Journal of Materials Chemistry A 5 (2017) 21658-21662.
11) F. Yang, P. Wu, D. C. Sinclair. “Suppression of electrical conductivity and switching of conduction mechanisms in ‘stoichiometric’ (Na0.5Bi0.5TiO3)1-x(BiAlO3)x (0 ≤ x ≤ 0.08) solid solutions”, Journal of Materials Chemistry C 5 (2017) 7243-7252.
12) F. Yang, P. Wu, D. C. Sinclair. “Enhanced bulk conductivity of A-site divalent acceptor-doped non-stoichiometric sodium bismuth titanate”, Solid State Ionics 299 (2017) 38-45.
13) F. Yang, H. Zhang, L. Li, I. M. Reaney, D. C. Sinclair. “High ionic conductivity with low degradation in A-site strontium-doped nonstoichiometric sodium bismuth titanate perovskite”, Chemistry of Materials 28 (2016) 5269-5273.
14) F. Yang, Y. Wang, X. Zhao, P. Xiao. “Enhanced ionic conductivity in a pyrochlore-fluorite mixed phase yttrium-doped lanthanum zirconate”, Journal of Power Sources 273 (2015) 290-297.
15) F. Yang, X. Zhao, P. Xiao. “In-situ measurement of stresses and phase compositions of the zirconia scale during oxidation of zirconium by Raman spectroscopy”, Oxidation of Metals 81 (2014) 331-343.
16) F. Yang, X. Zhao, P. Xiao. “The effects of temperature and composition on the thermal conductivities of [(ZrO2)1-x(CeO2)x]0.92(Y2O3)0.08 (0 ≤ x ≤ 1) solid solutions”, Acta Materialia 60 (2012) 914-922.
17) F. Yang, X. Zhao, P. Xiao. “Bulk conduction and relaxation in [(ZrO2)1-x(CeO2)x]0.92(Y2O3)0.08 (0 ≤ x ≤ 1) solid solutions at intermediate temperatures”, Journal of Power Sources 196 (2011) 4943-4949.
18) F. Yang, X. Zhao, P. Xiao. “Thermal conductivities of YSZ/Al2O3 composites”, Journal of the European Ceramic Society 30 (2010) 3111-3116.
19) F. Yang, X. Zhao, P. Xiao. “Electrical properties of YSZ/Al2O3 composite and YSZ/Al2O3 interface studied by impedance spectroscopy and finite element modelling”, Solid State Ionics 181 (2010) 783-789.
20) X. Zhao#, F. Yang#, P. Xiao. “Stress-enhanced growth rate of alumina scale formed on FeCrAlY alloy”, Scripta Materialia 63 (2010) 117-120.
21) F. Yang, A. Shinmi, P. Xiao. “Electrical and dielectric properties of thermally grown oxide (TGO) on Fecralloy substrate studied by impedance spectroscopy”, Advanced Ceramic Coatings and Interfaces IV 30 (2009) 87-95.
22) F. Yang, P. Xiao. “Nondestructive evaluation of thermal barrier coatings using impedance spectroscopy”, International Journal of Applied Ceramic Technology 6 (2009) 381-389.
23) F. Yang, X. Bi. “First-principle study on the electronic structure and magnetic properties in Fe/MgO/Fe magnetic tunnel junction with Mg insertion layer”, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials 320 (2008) 2159-2163.
24) F. Yang, X. Bi. “Spin asymmetry and s-electron itinerancy in Co/X (X = Co, Cu, V and Ta) multilayers: their dependence on the electronegativity of non-magnetic layers”, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials 312 (2007) 324-327.
25) F. Yang, X. Bi. “Change of electronic structure and magnetic properties with MgO and Fe thicknesses in Fe/MgO/Fe magnetic tunnel junction”, Chinese Journal of Aeronautics 19 (2006) 151-155.
1) E. Pradal-Velázquez, F. Yang and D. C. Sinclair, “Synthesis and characterization of pyrochlore solid solution in the Na2O-Bi2O3-TiO2 system”, Journal of the American Ceramic Society https://doi.org/10.1111/jace.17380
2) I. Levin, F. Yang, R. Maier, W. J. Laws, D. S. Keeble, G. Cibin and D. C. Sinclair, “Displacive order-disorder behavior and intrinsic clustering of lattice distortions in Bi-substituted NaNbO3”, Advanced Functional Materials 30 (2020) 2001840.
3) Z. Zheng, F. Yang, C. Lin, F. Zhu, S. Shen, G. Wei and J. Zhang, “Voltage cycling-induced Pt degradation in proton exchange membrane fuel cells: effect of cycle profiles”, ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces 12 (2020) 35088-35097.
4) L. Luo, C. Fu, F. Yang, X. Li, F. Jiang, Y. Guo, F. Zhu, L. Yang, S. Shen and J. Zhang, “Composition-graded Cu-Pd Nanospheres with Ir-doped surfaces on N-doped porous graphene for highly efficient ethanol electro-oxidation in alkaline media”, ACS Catalysis 10 (2020) 1171-1184.
5) Z. Zheng, F. Yang, C. Lin, F. Zhu, S. Shen, G. Wei and J. Zhang, “Design of gradient cathode catalyst layer (CCL) structure for mitigating Pt degradation in proton exchange membrane fuel cells (PEMFCs) using mathematical method”, Journal of Power Sources 451 (2020) 227729.
6) F. Jiang, F. Zhu, F. Yang, X. Yan, X. Yan, A. Wu, L. Luo, X. Li and J. Zhang, “Comparative Investigation on the Activity Degradation Mechanism of Pt/C and PtCo/C Electrocatalysts in PEMFCs during the Accelerate Degradation Process Characterized by an in Situ X-ray Absorption Fine Structure”, ACS Catalysis 10 (2020) 604-612.
7) D. Zhou, L. Pang, D. Wang, H. Guo, F. Yang, Z. Qi, C. Li, B. Jin, I. M. Reaney. “Crystal structure, impedance and broadband dielectric spectra of ordered schellite-structured Bi(Sc1/3Mo2/3)O4 ceramic”, Journal of the European Ceramic Society 38 (2018) 1556-1561.
8) D. Jin, F. Yang, Z. Zou, L. Gu, X. Zhao, F. Guo, P. Xiao. “A study of the zirconium alloy protection by Cr3C2-NiCr coating for nuclear reactor application”, Surface and Coatings Technology 287 (2016) 55-60.
9) X. Geng, F. Yang, H. Liu, X. Lu, P. Xiao. “Palladium migration through a zirconium carbide coating in TRISO-coated fuel particles”, Journal of American Ceramic Society 99 (2016) 1455-1463.
10) X. Geng, F. Yang, Y. Chen, X. Lu, X. Zhong, P. Xiao. “Silver assisted crack healing in SiC”, Acta Materialia 105 (2016) 121-129.
11) X. Lu, F. Yang, Y. Wang, X. Geng, P. Xiao. “The influence of graphene/carbon mass ratio on microstructure and electrochemical behaviour in the grapheme-SnO2-carbon composite as anodes for Li-ion batteries”, Journal of Alloys and Compounds 636 (2015) 202-210.
12) X. Lu, F. Yang, X. Geng, P. Xiao. “Enhanced cyclability of amorphous carbon-coated SnO2-graphene composite as anode for Li-ion batteries”, Electrochimica Acta 147 (2014) 596-602.
13) L. Qiu, F. Yang, W. Zhang, X. Zhao, P. Xiao. “Effect of Al content on the lifetime of thermally grown oxide formed on Ni-Al alloys after isothermal oxidation”, Corrosion Science 89 (2014) 13-20.
14) L. Yang, F. Yang, Y. Long, Y. Zhao, X. Xiong, X. Zhao, P. Xiao. “Evolution of residual stress in air plasma sprayed yttria stabilised zirconia thermal barrier coatings after isothermal treatment”, Surface and Coatings Technology 251 (2014) 98-105.
15) X. Geng, F. Yang, N. Rohbeck, P. Xiao. “An original way to investigate silver migration through silicon carbide coating in TRISO particles”, Journal of the American Ceramic Society 97 (2014) 1979-1986.
16) Y. Wang, F. Yang, P. Xiao. “Role and determining factor of substitutional defects on thermal conductivity: A study of La2(Zr1-xBx)2O7 (B = Hf, Ce, 0 ≤ x ≤ 0.5) pyrochlore solid solutions”, Acta Materialia 68 (2014) 106-115.
17) Y. Wang, F. Yang, P. Xiao. “Rattlers or oxygen vacancies: Determinant of high temperature plateau thermal conductivity in doped pyrochlores”, Applied Physics Letters 102 (2013) 141902.
18) Y. Wang, F. Yang, P. Xiao. “Glass-like thermal conductivities in (La1-x1Yx1)2(Zr1-x2Yx2)2O7 (x = x1 + x2, 0 ≤ x ≤ 1.0) solid solutions”, Acta Materialia 60 (2012) 7024-7033.
19) X. Zhao, F. Yang, H. Zhang, P. Xiao. “Nondestructive evaluation of high-temperature elastic modulus of 3C-SiC using Raman scattering”, Journal of Raman Spectroscopy 43 (2012) 945-948.
20) C. Zhu, A. Javed, P. Li, F. Yang, G. Y. Liang, P. Xiao. “A study of the mictrostructure and oxidation behaviour of alumina/yttria-stabilized zirconia (Al2O3/YSZ) thermal barrier coatings”, Surface and Coatings Technology 212 (2012) 214-222.
21) J. Tan, P. J. Meadows, D. Zhang, X. Chen, E. Lopez-Honorato, X. Zhao, F. Yang, T. Abram, P. Xiao. “Young’s modulus measurements of SiC coatings on spherical particles by using nanoindentation”, Journal of Nuclear Materials 393 (2009) 22-29.
22) B. Yang, X. Bi, F. Yang, S. Gong, H. Xu, “Magnetoresistance in the hard/Cu/soft sandwiches: Dependence on layer thickness and field annealing”, Materials Science Forum 475-479 (2005) 2211-2214.