1994－1997, School of Mechanical EngineeringPertoleum University, Doctor
1994－1997, School of Mechanical Engineering Xi'an Jiao Tong University, Master
1991-1994, School of Mechanical Engineering Xi'an Jiao Tong University, Bachelor
1) 1998-2000, post-doctor, Automobile Engineering, Tsinghua University，China
2) 2000-now, associate professor, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
3) 2010-2011, research fellow, University of Queensland, Australia
(1) Alternative fuel engine
(2) Combustion and emission control of internal combustion engine
(3) Standards for new fuel engine and vehicle
(4) After-treatment of internal combustion engine
(5) Fuel supply and combustion Sterling engine
(1) ZHANG Wu-gao,, Research on Particulate Matter Emission and GPF Capture Efficiency for Gasoline Engine, Company consulting project, 2019-2020
(2) ZHANG Wu-gao, Research on diesel engine start ability - special subject of fuel design, National Key Research and Development Project, 2018-2022
(3) ZHANG Wu-gao,, High efficient and low emission hybrid-diesel engine for heavy duty commercial truck- special subject of after-treatment, National Key Research and Development Project, 2017-2020
(4) ZHANG Wu-gao,, Measurement and analysis of combustion flame temperature of fuel gas, Company consulting project, 2016-2017
(5)W.G. Zhang, “Low-temperature Combustion of DME Engine based on Reformed Exhaust Gas Recircle”, 2010-2012, National Natural Science Foundation projects.
(6)W.G. Zhang, “Combustion Mechanism & Engine Performance of DME/NH3 based on Reformed Exhaust Gas Recircle”, 2007-2009, National Natural Science Foundation projects.
(7)J.T. Li, W.G. Zhang, “DME Vehicle Demonstration in Shanghai”, 2006-2010, National High-Tech Research and Development Program.
(8)Z. Huang, W.G. Zhang, “Research & Development of DME Fuel Standard for Vehicle”. 2007-2010, BP company.
(9)R.X. Li, Y.H. Luo, W.G. Zhang, Technology Exploration of Separating the Lignocellulosic biomass stock”(2008-2010), Key Project of Shanghai Science and Technology Committee, Shanghai.
(10)Z. Huang, X.Q. Qiao, W.G. Zhang, “Key technology of DME engine and vehicle”. (2005-2008), Key Project of Shanghai Science and Technology Committee, Shanghai
(11)W.G. Zhang, “Research on the Standard of Combustion System in DME Engine”, 2006-2008,Shanghai Automobile Industry Company, Shanghai
(12)Z. Huang, W.G. Zhang, “Research on Compression Ignition Diesel Engine fueled with Bio-ethanol”, 2003－2005, National Natural Science Foundation projects
(1) GAO Shen, XU Changmao, ZHAO Lei, LEI Ling, TIAN Qiang, ZHANG Wugao, Experimental Study on the Effect of Lubricating Oil Parameters on Constituent and Characteristics of Diesel Engine Particle Emission. Journal of Shanghai Jiao Tong Univ., 2019,53(11):1285-1293.
(2) TIAN Qiang GAO, GAO Shen, ZHAO Lei, WANG Zhiyu, ZHANG Wugao,, Effect of PAO Based Lubricating Oil on Particle Emission Performance of Diesel Engine, Journal of Shanghai Jiao Tong Univ., 2019,53(10),1187-1193
(3)Zheng Yi, Chen Wen, Wei Xiaodong, Zhang Wugao, Effect of Biodiesel Produced from Waste Cooking Oil on the Harmful Emission Characteristics of Diesel engines, Diesel Engine, 2018,40(05),7-12
(4)Experimental study on influence of physical properties of lubricating oils on particle emissions of diesel engine, ZHANG Wugao, WANG Zhiyu, TIAN Qiang, GAO Shen, Journal of Automotive Safety and Energy, 2017,8(03),296-302
(5) LIN Da, ZHU Yijia, WEI Xiaodong, WANG Zhiyu, ZHANG Wugao, Combustion and Particle Emission Characteristics Affected by Fuel Supply Parameters for a Diesel Engine Fuelled with Polyoxymethylene Dimethyl Ethers/Diesel, Journal of Shanghai Jiao Tong Univ., 2017,51(07):787-795.
(6) ZOU Shan, LIN Da, WEN Yalin, ZHANG Wugao, Regeneration Period Control in NOx Storage/Reduction Reaction, Journal of Shanghai Jiao Tong Univ., 2017,51(01):6-11.
(7) ZHU Yijia, LIN Da, WEI Xiaodong, ZHANG Wugao, Effect of PODE on Combustion and Emission Characteristics of a Turbo-Charged Intercooled Diesel Engine, Journal of Shanghai Jiao Tong Univ., 2017,51(01):33-39.
(8) ZHANG Wugao WEI Xiaodong LIN Da ZHU Yijia, xperimental study on the influence of polyoxymethylene dimethyl ethers(PODE) on ultrafine particle emission of a compression ignition engine, Journal of Automotive Safety and Energy, 2016,7(03):330-336.
(9) KANG Yubo ZHU Yijia LIN Feng ZHANG Wugao, Influencing Factors of Acoustic Agglomeration of Ultrafine Particles, Journal of Shanghai Jiao Tong Univ., 2016, 50(04): 551-556.
(10) JING Qijian LUO Bin HE Zhuoyao ZHU Lei ZHANG Wugao, Effects of Premixed CNG in Intake Port on Combustion and Emission Performance of Biodiesel Engine, Vehicle Engine, 2015(04):32-36.
(11) YANG Wen-jie WEN Ya-lin ZHANG Wu-gao, Experimental Study of H2-NSR Performance of Pt/Ba/Ce/γ-Al2O3 Catalyst, Journal of Shanghai Jiao Tong Univ.,2015,49(05):583-589.
(12) Xiao Xiao Zheng Yi Wang Yunfang Zhang Wugao, Research on Compatibility of PODE and Diesel Fuel, Diesel Engine, 2015,37(03):24-28.
(13) GENG Chao-ran WEI Xiao-dong ZOU Shan ZHANG Wu-gao, Research of Compounded Catalyst of NOx Storage and Reduction, Chinese Internal Combustion Engine Engineering, 2016,37(06):193-199.
(14) ZHANG Wu-gao CHEN Xiao-ling WU Min-Chao,Experimental Study of NOx Storage/Reduction Performance Using the Mixture of Stream Reforming of DME as Reducer, Journal of Shanghai Jiao Tong Univ. 2014,48(06):741-745.
(15) Xiong Kun Duan Shuzhan Zhang Wugao, Evaluation and Analysis of the Reliability of Diesel Engines, Diesel Engine, 2014,36(03):18-21.
(16) CO2 reforming of dimethyl ether to produce hydrogen over La2O3/γ-Al2O3 catalyst
ADILA•Abuduwaili, MA Zhong, JIANG Qi-zhong, ZHANG Wu-gao, MA Zi-feng, CO2 reforming of dimethyl ether to produce hydrogen over La2O3/γ-Al2O3 catalyst, Journal of Fuel Chemistry and Technology, 2014,42(01):74-80.
(17) ZHANG Wu-gao CHEN Xiao-ling LIU Tao-tao GU Gen-xiang JIN Yong-xing GUO Xiao-ning, Experimental Study of Influence of Air Ejecting on Spray Characteristics of Pressure Swirl Nozzle in a Stirling Engine, Journal of Shanghai Jiao Tong Univ. 2013,47(11):1723-1727+1732.
(18) Effect of Oxygen Concentration on Combustion Flame of a Stirling Engine, LUO Bin ZHANG Wu-gao CHEN Xiao-li, Journal of Shanghai Jiao Tong Univ. , 2013,47(11):1733-1737 +1744.
(19) LIN Feng ZHANG Wu-gao, CHEN Xiao-ling, YU Chao, Experimental Study on Spray Characteristics of Pressure-swirl Nozzle of Stirling Engine, Journal of Shanghai Jiao Tong Univ. , 2013,47(11):1773-1777.
(20) LIDe li CHEN Xiao-ling WU Jiao QIN Ping ZHANG Wu-gao, Experimental Study of NOx Storage/Reduction Performance of Perovskite Catalysts, with H2 as Reductant, Journal of Shanghai Jiao Tong Univ. , 2013,47(11):1778-1782.
(1) Advanced Combustion Theory, for graduate students, 48 hours, 3 credits
(2) Combustion and Emission Control of Internal Combustion Engine, for graduate students, 48 hours, 3 credits
(3) Engine, for graduate students, 32 hours, 2 credits
Patents and Applications
(1)X.L. Chen, W.G. Zhang, Z. Lu, Z. Huang, Spherical guide two-section carrier type catalytic conversion device, , CN03116600.8, 2005
(2)S.Z. Li, W.G. Zhang, R.R. Zhang, Z. Huang, Cascade fuzzy control apparatus for gas engine driven heat pump, ZL 200410017359.6, 2004
(3)G.J. Wu, Z-Huang, W.G. Zhang, Spherical honeycomb board-based automobile tail gas catalyzing unit, ZL02137434.1,2004
(4)G.J. Wu, W.G. Zhang, Z-Huang, Cicular honeycomb board-based automobile tail gas catalyzing unit, ZL02137435.x,2004
(5)W.G. Zhang, S.Z. Li, X.L. Chen, Z. Huang, NOx Free compression Ignition Oxygen Engine, ZL 03129051.5, 2003
6)W.G. Zhang, S.Z. Li, Z. Huang, Control System of Gas Engine Driven Heat Pump, Patent ZL 03129050.7, 2003
7)X.L. Chen, W.G. Zhang, Z. Huang, Z. Lu, Conical guide two-section carrier type catalytic converter device, , ZL03116297.5, 2003
8)M.G. Ouyang, Y. Tong, X.H. Li, M. Zhou, W.G. Zhang, Engine Electric Control System for Retrofitting CNG/Diesel Dual Fuel Engine based on Mechanic Control System, ZL 00132753.4, 2000
Other Professional Activities
(1) Member of National Engineering Laboratory of marine engineering power system
(2) Mmember of Shanghai Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
(3)Member of Internal Combustion Engine Academy of Shanghai
(4) Member of Internal DME Association
Honors and Awards
(1)National Invention Prize (2nd Prize,Rank 4), 2016
(2)Shanghai Natural Science Award (1st Prize, Rank 3), 2010, “Study on the Theory of Fuel Design and Homogeneous Charge Compression Ignition”, granted by Shanghai Municipal Government.
(3)National Science and Technology Progress Award (2nd Prize, Rank 7), 2009, “Key Technology of Flexible manufacturing and Complete Equipment of High-Performance Vehicle Exhaust Gas Purifier”, granted by the Ministry of Education, China.