1.Study on soot formation in natural gas diffusion flames and its influence on flame radiation and NOx emission, National Natural Science Foundation project (NSFC) (Project NO.: 50306015), 2004-2006, Principal Investigator
2.Study on the mechanisms of effect of reaction atmosphere on char surface complexes behaviors and reduction of nitric oxide with char at high temperature, National Natural Science Foundation project (NSFC)(Project NO.: 50876061), 2009-2011, Principal Investigator
3.Study on a multiple air-staged low NOx combustion technology with a large angle counter flow of fuel-rich primary air, National High-Tech Research and Development Program (863 program)（Project NO.: 2007AA05Z305）, 2007-2010, Principal Investigator
4.Study on a high efficiency and low NOx combustion technology of anthracite applied to W-shaped flame boilers, participated sub-projects of National High-Tech Research and Development Program (863 program)(Project NO.: 2006AA05Z321), 2006-2009, Principal Investigator
5.Study on a low NOx combustion technology in large-capacity power plant boilers, Key Technologies R&D projects of Science and Technology Committee of Shanghai（Project NO.: Shanghai research 06-9）, 2004-2006, Principal Investigator
6.Experimental study on the effect of coal fineness on anti-slagging and reducing NOx emission, Technological innovation project from Guohua Power (Group) Co., Ltd., 2007, Principal Investigator
7.Experimental study on the emissions characteristics of a brown coal widely used in China in its air-staged combustion, Technological innovation project from Shenhua Energy (Group) Co., Ltd., 2008, Principal Investigator
8.Numerical simulation of gas-solid flow, combustion, heat transfer, slagging and emission in the furnace of a 1000MWe ultra supercritical boiler, Technological innovation project from Shanghai Boiler Works Co., Ltd., 2006, Principal Investigator
9.Research on Mechanism of preventing fouling and slagging corrosion of heating surface of power station boiler, Project of science and technology innovation plan from Shanghai Science and Technology Commission, 2015-2017, Principal Investigator
10.Study on the release mechanism of sulfur and nitrogen pollutants from coal combustion in the process of oxygen-fuel combustion, key R & D plan of the Ministry of science and technology of the people's Republic of China, Sub Project, Principal Investigator
11.Studies on the effects of N2O formation and conversion on NO reduction in high temperature air-staged combustion of pulverized coal, National Natural Science Foundation project (NSFC) (Project NO.: 51876125), 2019-2022, Principal Investigator
1.Weidong Fan; Xiaofeng Wu; Hao Guo; Jiangtao Zhu; Peng Liu; Can Chen; Yong Wang. Experimental study on the impact of adding NH3 on NO production in coal combustion and the effects of char, coal ash, and additives on NH3 reducing NO under high temperature [J]. Energy, Vol.173, 2019: 109-120.
2.Xiaofeng Wu; Weidong Fan*; Yacheng Liu; Bao Bian. Numerical simulation research on the unique thermal deviation in a 1000MW tower type boiler [J]. Energy, Vol.173, 2019: 1006-1020.
3.Xiaofeng Wu; Weidong Fan*; Peng Ren; Jun Chen; Zhuang Liu; Pinghong Shen. Interaction between volatile-N and char-N and their contributions to fuel-NO during pulverized coal combustion in O2/CO2 atmosphere at high temperature [J]. Fuel, Vol.255, 2019.
4.Songlin Liu; Weidong Fan*; Pinghong Shen; Xiaofeng Wu; Jun Chen; Hao Guo. The effect of iodine additive and coal char on the heterogeneous decomposition of N2O and the generation of NO under high temperature [J]. Fuel, Vol.256, 2019.
5.Liu Yacheng; Fan Weidong*; Wu Xiaofeng; Zhang Xiang. Chlorine-Induced High-Temperature Corrosion of Boiler Steels Combusting Sha Erhu Coal Compared to Biomass [J]. Energy & Fuels, Vol.32(4), 2018: 4237-4247.
6.Fan Weidong, Liu Yacheng, Kang Wang. Detailed experimental study on the performance of Monoethanolamine, Diethanolamine, and Diethylenetriamine at absorption/regeneration conditions. Journal of Cleaner Production, Vol.125, 2016: 296-308.
7.Fan Weidong; Li Yu; Guo Qinghong; Chen Can; Wang Yong. Coal-nitrogen release and NOx evolution in the oxidant-staged combustion of coal[J]. Energy, Vol.125, 2017: 417-426.
8.Weidong Fan, Yu Li, and Meng Xiao. Effect of Preoxidation O2 Concentration on the Reduction Reaction of NO by Char at High Temperature. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research，Vol.52, No.18, 2013: 6101–6111.
9.Weidong Fan, Zhengchun Lin, etal.. Effect of Air-Staging on Anthracite Combustion and NOx Formation. Energy & Fuels，Vol.23, No.1, 2009:111-120.
10.Weidong Fan, Zhengchun Lin, etal.. Experimental Study of the Effects of CO2 on the Non-catalytic Reduction Reaction of NO by Carbonaceous Materials. Energy & Fuels，Vol.23, No.2, 2009: 2429-2436.
11.Weidong Fan, Youyi Li, etal.. PDA research on a novel pulverized coal combustion technology for a large utility boiler. Energy，Vol.35, No.5, 2010: 2141-2148.
12.Weidong Fan, Zhengchun Lin, etal.. Impact of air staging along furnace height on NOx emissions from pulverized coal combustion. Fuel Processing Technology，Vol.91, No.6, 2010: 625-634.
13.Weidong Fan, Zhengchun Lin, etal.. Effect of Temperature on NO Release during the Combustion of Coals with Different Ranks. Energy & Fuels，Vol.24, No.3, 2010: 1573-1578.
14.Weidong Fan, Zhengchun Lin, etal.. Experimental flow field characteristics of OFA for large-angle counter flow of fuel-rich jet combustion technology. Applied Energy，Vol.87, No.8, 2010: 2737-2745.
15.Junchao Wang, Weidong Fan*, etal.. The effect of air staged combustion on NOx emissions in dried lignite combustion. Energy，Vol.37, No.1, 2012.
16.Zhengchun Lin, Weidong Fan, etal.. Research of Low NOx Combustion with Large-Angle Counter Flow of a Fuel-Rich Jet and Its Particle-Dynamics Anemometer (PDA) Experiment. Energy & Fuels，Vol.23, No.2, 2009: 744-753.
17.Yu li, Weidong Fan*. The guidelines for the design and layout of oxy-fuel combustor based on the experiments of pulverized coal combusted in Ar/N2/CO2 respectively. THE 7th INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON COAL COMBUSTION ，2011
18.Yu li, Weidong Fan*.Numerical Modeling of Oxy-fuel Combustion in a Refractory-Lined Down Flame Furnace. 4th(2013) Sino-Australian symposium on advanced coal and biomass utilisation technologies, 2013
19.Yu Li, Weidong Fan*, Qinghong Guo, and Xiaowei Zhang. Numerical Modeling of Oxy-fuel Combustion in a Refractory-Lined Down Flame Furnace[J]. Energy & Fuels，Vol.28, No.1, 2014: 155–162.
20.Yu Li, Weidong Fan*. Experimental research on the NOx evolvement of pulverized coal combusted in CO2, Ar and N2 atmospheres [J]. Energy Conversion and Management，Vol.106, 2015: 457–465.
21. Yu Li, Weidong Fan*, Yong Wang, Can Chen. Characteristics of Char Gasification in Staged Oxygen-Enriched Combustion in a Down Flame Furnace [J]. Energy & Fuels，Vol.30, 2016: 1675-1684.
22. Li Yu, Fan Weidong*. Effect of char gasification on NOx formation process in the deep air-staged combustion in a 20 kW down flame furnace. Applied Energy, Vol.164, 2016: 258-267.
23. Liu Yacheng, Fan Weidong*, Kang Wang, Junchao Wang. Detailed experimental study on the performance of Monoethanolamine, Diethanolamine, and Diethylenetriamine at absorption/regeneration conditions. Journal of Cleaner Production, Vol.112, 2016: 4012-4021.
24. Liu Yacheng, Fan Weidong*, Li Yu. Numerical investigation of air-staged combustion emphasizing char gasification and gas temperature deviation in a large-scale, tangentially fired pulverized-coal boiler. Applied Energy, Vol.177, 2016: 323-334.
25. Liu Yacheng; Fan Weidong*; Zhang Xiang; Wu Xiaojiang. High-Temperature Corrosion Properties of Boiler Steels under a Simulated High-Chlorine Coal-Firing Atmosphere [J]. Energy & Fuels, Vol.31(4), 2017: 4391-4399.
26. Liu Yacheng; Fan Weidong*; Wu MingZhou. Experimental and numerical studies on the gas velocity deviation in a 600 MWe tangentially fired boiler [J]. Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol.110, 2017: 553-563.
27. Liu, Yacheng; Fan Weidong; Zhang Xiang; Wu Naixing. Analysis on High Temperature Corrosion Behaviors of Boiler Steels under High-Chlorine Coal Ash. ASME Power Conference 2017, JUN 26-30, 2017. PROCEEDINGS OF THE ASME POWER CONFERENCE JOINT WITH ICOPE-17, 2017, VOL 1.
28. Xie Jianwen; Fan Weidong; Zhang Jianwen. Study of Gas Temperature Characteristics at the Bottom of the Platen Heaters of Boiler Employing Shenhua Bituminous Coal Based on Two-Level Air Staging Combustion System. ASME Power Conference 2017, JUN 26-30, 2017. PROCEEDINGS OF THE ASME POWER CONFERENCE JOINT WITH ICOPE-17, 2017, VOL 1.
29. Yacheng Liu; Weidong Fan; Xiaofeng Wu; Pinghong Shen; Xiang Zhang. Chlorine-induced high temperature corrosion on boiler steels combusting Sha Erhu coal compared with bio-fuel. 6th Sino-Australian Symposium on Advanced Coal and Biomass Utilisation Technologies, 2017.