2006, Shanghai Jiao Tong University/University of Nantes France, Doctor
2000, Hefei University of Technology, Master
1997, Hefei University of Technology, Bachelor
2011.12 - Present: Associate Professor, School of Mechanical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
2008.06 - 2011.12: Assistant Professor, School of Mechanical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
2007.05 - 2008.05: Post-doc, Department of Mathematics and Industrial Engineering, Ecole Polytechnique de
2003.01 - 2004.09: Ph.D. researcher, Department of Industrial Engineering & Automatic Control, Ecole des Mines
de Nantes, France
Visit and Post Experience
2014.09 - 2015.08: Flight Testing Center, COMAC
Modeling and optimization of production and logistics system
Operations management of service system
Optimization in a maritime terminal
-- MIIT project: MES of Heavy Rockets Manufacturing, 2016.12-2018.12.
-- National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) Project: Modeling Technique and Optimization Approach of Intelligent Scheduling for Discrete Manufacturing System Based on Data Driven, 2018.01-2021.12.
-- National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC) Project: Resource allocation and scheduling optimization for daily maintenance management of highway network (71271130), 2013.01-2016.12.
-- NSFC Project: An integrated scheduling approach of yard storage planning and container handling system for outbound containers in a maritime terminal (70802040), 2009.01-2011.12.
-- NSFC Project: Modeling and optimization of hybrid flow shop scheduling problem with container scheduling background (70771065), 2008.01-2010.12.
-- National High Technology Research and Development Program("863"Program) of China: Design of automated maritime container terminal, 2009.05-2010.12.
-- The Project Sponsored by the Scientific Research Foundation for the Returned Overseas Chinese Scholars, State Education Ministry: Dynamic storage location assignment problem in a distribution center, 2009.09-2010.09.
-- Post-doc Research Program of Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal/GERAD: Optimization of warehousing system, 2007.05-2008.05.
-- ARMINE Research Program of France: Logistics management of a maritime container terminal, 2003.01-2004.09.
-- NSFC Key Project: Theory and methodology of green product design (59935120), 2000.05-2003.12.
1. Zhang, X. and Chen, L. 2018. A re-entrant hybrid flow shop scheduling problem with machine eligibility constraints, International Journal of Production Research, DOI: 10.1080/00207543.2017.1408971
2. Chen, L., Chen, B., Bui, Q.T., Hà, M.H. 2017. Designing service sectors for daily maintenance operations in a road network. International Journal of Production Research, 55(8), 2251-2265.
3. Chen, L., Gendreau, M., Ha, M.H., Langevin, A. 2016. A robust optimization approach for the road network daily maintenance routing problem with uncertain service time, Transportation Research Part E, 85, 40-51.
4. Chen, L., Hà, M.H., Langevin, A., Gendreau, M. Optimizing road network daily maintenance operations with stochastic service and travel times. Transportation Research Part E, 2014, 64, 88-102.
5. Chen, L., Langevin A., Lu, Z. Integrated scheduling of crane handling and truck transportation in a maritime container terminal. European Journal of Operational Research, 2013, 225, 142-152.
6. Chen, L., Lu, Z. The storage location assignment problem for outbound containers in a maritime terminal. International Journal of Production Economics. 2012, 135(1): 73-80.
7. Chen, L., Langevin A., Riopel, D. A tabu search algorithm for the relocation problem in a warehousing system. International Journal of Production Economics. 2011, 129(1): 147-156.
8. Chen, L., Langevin A. Multiple yard cranes scheduling for loading operations in a container terminal. Engineering Optimization. 2011, 43(11): 1205-1211.
9. Chen, L., Langevin A., Riopel, D. The storage location assignment and interleaving problem in an automated storage/retrieval system with shared storage. International Journal of Production Research, 2010, 48 (4): 991- 1011.
10. Chen, L., Langevin A., Riopel, D. Minimising the peak load in a shared storage system based on the duration-of-stay of unit loads. International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics, 2009, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp.20?6.
11. Chen, L., Bostel, N., Dejax, P., Xi, L. A tabu search algorithm for the integrated scheduling problem of
container handling systems in a maritime terminal. European Journal of Operational Research, 2007, 181(1): 40-58.
1. Course Name: Supply Chain Management
Teaching Targets: Undergraduate students & Master of Engineering
Credit Hour: 34
2. Course Name: Experimental Course in Industrial Engineering
Teaching Targets: Undergraduate students
Credit Hour: 34
3. Course Name: Special English in Logistics Engineering
Teaching Targets: Master students
Credit Hour: 34
Other Professional Activities
-- International Journal of Production Economics, reviewer
-- Computers & Operations Research, reviewer
-- Transportation Research Part E, reviewer
-- Applied Mathematical Modeling, reviewer
-- Asia Pacific Journal of Operational Research, reviewer
-- International Journal of Design Engineering, reviewer
-- 2004 Conference presentation: EuroXX on Operations Research: An Integrated Scheduling Method for the Container
Handling Systems in a Maritime Terminal, Greece.
-- 2004 Conference presentation: Conference Francophone de Modelisation et Simulation: Heuristic Approaches for the
Integrated Scheduling Problem of Container Handling Systems in a Maritime Terminal, France.
-- 2008 Conference presentation: Conference of the Canadian Operational Research Society: Minimizing the peak load
in a shared storage system based on the duration-of-stay of unit loads, Canada.
-- 2009 Conference Section Chairman: IEEE on Industrial Engineering & Engineering Management, Section "Supply Chain
Management", Hong Kong.
-- 2009 Conference presentation : IEEE on Industrial Engineering & Engineering Management : Determining the storage
location for outbound containers in a maritime terminal, HongKong.
-- 2010 Conference presentation : An iterative search algorithm for load scheduling and storage allocation in a
maritime container terminal, Busan, South Korea, LOGMS, 2010.
-- 2013 Conference presentation: The capacitated arc routing problem with stochastic service and travel times,
Singapore, MIC 2013. (Best paper nomination)
Honors and Awards
National Education Award (2nd prize) (2018)
Shanghai Municipal Government Education Award (Top Prize) (2017)
Shanghai Jiao Tong U "Jiao Shu Yu Ren" Teaching award (3rd prize) (2017)
President education award, Shanghai Jiao Tong U (2016)
Excellent Teaching Award, Shanghai Jiao Tong U (2nd prize) (2015)
Contract evaluation top 15% (2011-2013, 2014-2016)
1st Prize of "SJTU ChenXing Excellent Young Scholar"(2009)
"F07 Most Popular Professor"(2011)