• Wenwu Zhou, Hui Hu. "An Experimental Study of Barchan-Dune-Shaped Injection Compounds for Improved Film Cooling Effectiveness." AIAA-2016-3407, 32nd AIAA Aerodynamic Measurement Technology and Ground Testing Conference. Washington, D.C., 13-17 June, 2016.
• Wenwu Zhou, and Hu Hui. "An Experimental Study on Film Cooling Performance Behind Barchan Dune-Shaped Ramps Using PSP and PIV Techniques." ASME-GT-2015-43781, ASME TURBO EXPO 2015, Montreal Canada, 15-19 June, 2015.
• Wenwu Zhou, Blake Johnson, and Hui Hu. "An Experimental Study of Compressibility Effects on the Film Cooling Effectiveness Using PSP and PIV Techniques." AIAA-2015-0352, 2015 AIAA Science and Technology Forum and Exposition (SciTech2015), Kissimmee, Florida, USA, 5-9 January 2015.
• Wenwu Zhou, Hui Hu, and Yu Rao. "An Experimental Investigation on the Flow Characteristics Over Dimple Arrays Pertinent to Internal Cooling of Turbine Blades." FEDSM2014-21268, 4th Joint US-European ASME Fluids Engineering Summer Meeting, Chicago, IL, August 3~ 7, 2014.
• Wenwu Zhou, Blake Johnson, and Hui Hu. “An Experimental Study of Momentum-Preserving Shaped Holes for Film Cooling Using PSP and PIV”, AIAA-2014-0280, 2014 AIAA Science and Technology Forum and Exposition (SciTech2014), National Harbor, Maryland, 13 - 17 January, 2014.
Journal Papers (SCI)
• Wenwu Zhou, Mohamed Qenawy, Di Peng, Xin Wen, Yingzheng Liu*，Turbine Vane Endwall Film Cooling with Barchan-dune Shaped Ramp in a Single-Passage Transonic Wind Tunnel，International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2020.
• Qenawy, M., Yuan, L., Liu, Y., Peng, D., Wen, X., and Zhou, W.*, "A Novel Single-Passage Transonic Wind-Tunnel for Turbine-Vane Film Cooling." ASME. J. Eng. Gas Turbines Power,2020.
• Mohamed Qenawy, Han Chen, Yingzheng Liu, Di Peng, Wenwu Zhou*, Flow Structures and Unsteady Behaviors of Film Cooling from Discrete Holes Fed by Internal Crossflow, Journal of Turbomachinery, 2020; 142(4): 041007.
• Wenwu Zhou, Lin Yuan, Xin Wen, Yingzheng Liu, Di Peng*, Enhanced impingement cooling of circular jet by using piezoelectric fan, Applied Thermal Engineering, 2019
• Ziyan Li, Jiajun Liu, Wenwu Zhou, Yingzheng Liu，Xin Wen*, "Experimental Investigation on Flow Fields of Sweeping Jet Impingement upon Confined Concave Surfaces". International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2019.
• Wenwu Zhou, Lin Yuan, Yingzheng Liu, Di Peng, and Xin Wen, "Heat transfer of a sweeping jet impinging at narrow spacings". Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, 2019.
• Wenwu Zhou, D. Peng, YZ Liu and H. Hu, “Assessment of film cooling's surface quantities using pressure and temperature-sensitive paint: comparisons between shaped and sand-dune inspired holes". Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, Vol. 101, pp16-26, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.expthermflusci.2018.10.005.
• LY Gao, Y Liu, Wenwu Zhou, and H. Hu, “An Experimental Study on the Aerodynamic Performance Degradation of a Wind Turbine Blade Model Induced by Ice Accretion Process". Renewable Energy, Vol. 133, No.4, pp663-675, 2019.
• Wenwu Zhou, Han Chen, Yingzheng Liu, Xin Wen, and Di Peng,“Unsteady analysis of adiabatic film cooling effectiveness for discrete hole with oscillating mainstream flow". Physics of Fluids 30, 127103 (2018); https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5055028 (Featured article)
• Xin Wen, Ziyan Li, Wenwu Zhou, Yingzheng Liu*, Interaction of Dual Sweeping Impinging Jets at Different Reynolds Numbers, Physics of Fluids, 2018.10.06
• Wenwu Zhou, Mohamed Qenawy, Di Peng*, Xin Wen, Yingzheng Liu, Influence of mainstream flow oscillations on spatio-temporal variation of adiabatic film cooling effectiveness, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 2018. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2018.09.131.
• Yujia Chen, Yuelong Yu, Wenwu Zhou, Di Peng, Yingzheng Liu*, Heat transfer enhancement of turbulent channel flow using tandem self-oscillating inverted flags, Physics of Fluids, 2018.07.04
• Wenwu Zhou, Di Peng, Xin Wen, Yingzheng Liu*, Hui Hu, "Unsteady analysis of adiabatic film cooling effectiveness behind circular, shaped, and sand-dune–inspired film cooling holes: Measurement using fast-response pressure-sensitive paint", International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, 125 (2018): 1003-1016.
• Wenwu Zhou, Yang Liu, Haiyang Hu, Xuanshi Meng, and Hui Hu, “Utilization of Thermal Effect Induced by Plasma Generation for Aircraft Icing Mitigation". AIAA Journal , 2018. DOI: 10.2514/1.J056358.
• Wenwu Zhou, and Hui Hu. “A novel sand-dune-inspired design for improved film cooling performance”, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 110 (2017): 908-920.
• Wenwu Zhou, Blake Johnson, and Hui Hu. “Effects of Flow Compressibility and Density Ratio on Film Cooling Performance", AIAA Journal of Power and Propulsion 33(4): 1-11, 2016.
• Wenwu Zhou, and Hui Hu. "Improvements of film cooling effectiveness by using Barchan dune shaped ramps." International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 103 (2016): 443-456.
• Wenwu Zhou, Yu Rao, and Hui Hu. "An Experimental Investigation on the Characteristics of Turbulent Boundary Layer Flows over a Dimpled Surface." ASME Journal of Fluids Engineering 138.2 (2016): 021204.