Tenure-Track Faculty Positions (Assistant or Associate Professor)
School of Mechanical Engineering at Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, P. R. China, invites applications for full-time tenure-track faculty positions (assistant, associate professor) in the following research areas.
1. Smart Manufacturing/Intelligent Manufacturing Technology
2. Precision/Ultra-Precision Measurement
3. Micro/Nano systems
4. Additive Manufacturing Technology
5. Robotics and Bio-mechatronics
6. Soft, Flexible Smart Materials and Devices
7. Nanoelectronics design and manufacturing
8. Biomedical Engineering/Smart Healthcare
9. Intelligent Connected Vehicle
10. Big Data & AI
11. Industrial Engineering and Management
12. Energy Storage Technology and application
13. Hydrogen and Fuel Cell
14. Sustainable Energy Technology of Max-city
15. Low carbon smart energy technology and system
16. Aerodynamics, Aeromechanic and Combustion Technology of Aeroengine & Gas Turbine
17. Fluid-structure-sound interaction and control
18. Reactor engineering, nuclear materials, nuclear fuel cycle and nuclear technology application
1. Ph.D. degree in mechanical engineering, power and energy engineering, nuclear engineering, industrial engineering or related fields
2. The ability to establish and conduct independent and innovative research
3. A strong commitment to teaching excellence at the undergraduate and graduate levels
4. Applicants for associate professor positions should have at least 3 years working experience in related fields
Salary and funding:
1. Salary and benefits are highly competitive and will be commensurate with qualifications and experience
2. First-class scientific research platform and working conditions; Start-up Funding
3. Well furnished transitional apartment; Housing subsidies
4. 4-year full scholarship for 1st PhD student
Compile the following in a single pdf in the following order:
2. Brief summary of qualifications
3. Research statements (within 1 page) and 5 representative publications
4. Full record of publications
5. Name and email addresses of 3 references
Send to: email@example.com (Contact Ms. Qi). In the email subject line, write "Faculty Application"
To ensure full consideration, applications should be received by 20th, March 2023. The interview is most likely to be held on the late April or early May.
Shanghai is a fast-paced, cosmopolitan city with a population of 24 million. A mix of western and eastern culture, ancient history and modern fashion, it is widely considered one of the most influential economic, technological, and cultural centers in Asia. Downtown Shanghai is a panorama of skyscrapers and food shops, which serve as the backbone for its incredible night-life and food culture.
More details: https://www.chinahighlights.com/shanghai/shanghai-facts.htm
About Mechanical Engineering at Shanghai Jiao Tong University:
Shanghai Jiao Tong University's School of Mechanical Engineering is ranked A+ among all mechanical engineering departments in China. Annual department research funding is over $100 million USD. Academic research is conducted across a broad range of fundamental and applied research disciplines with special emphasis on emerging fields. The School of Mechanical Engineering is located at the expansive Shanghai Jiao Tong University engineering campus, one of the largest campuses in China.
More details: http://me.sjtu.edu.cn/en/FactsFigures1.html