1989, Huazhong University of Science and Technology Mechanical Engineering PH.D., Doctor
Obtained the Ph. D degree from Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST) in 1989. Supported by Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, he worked at University of Stuttgart, Germany from 1993 to 1994. He was a “Cheung Kong” Chair Professor of Shanghai Jiaotong University in 2001.
Advanced Electronic Manufacturing
2003.4 - 2007.3 Research on the major scientific and technical issues of the advanced electronic manufacturing, the Major Project of National Natural Science Foundation of China, Chief Investigator
He has published more than 30 papers in international journals such as IEEE Transactions on Robotics, Robotics and Automation, Automation Science and Engineering, Industrial Electronics, Ultrasonics Ferroelectrics and Frequency Control, Components and Packaging Technologies；ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering；Computer-Aided Design and Machine Tools & Manufacture.
1. Ding H., Wu J.H. Point-to-point motion control for a high-acceleration positioning table via cascaded learning schemes. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, 2007, 54(5): 2735-2744.
2. Zhu X.Y. and Ding H. An efficient algorithm for grasp synthesis and fixture layout design in discrete domain. IEEE Transactions on Robotics, 2007, 23(1): 157-163.
3. Zhu L.M., Ding H. and Zhu X.Y. Synchronous averaging of time-frequency distribution with application to machine condition monitoring. Transactions of the ASME Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, 2007, 129(4): 441-447.
4. Ding H., Xiong Z.H. Motion stages for electronic packaging: design and control. IEEE Robotics & Automation Magazine, 2006, 13(4): 51-61.
5. Zhu X.Y. and Ding H. Computation of force closure grasp: An iterative algorithm, IEEE Transactions on Robotics, 2006, 22(1): 172-179.
Other Professional Activities
Prof. Ding is a senior member of IEEE and was as an Associate Editor of IEEE Trans. on Automation Science and Engineering from 2004 to 2007.
Honors and Awards
The recipient of National Distinguished Youth Scientific Fund of China in 1997.
“Cheung Kong” Chair Professor of Shanghai Jiaotong University in 2001.