1. SK Lee, M Liu, NR Brown, KA Terrani, ED Blandford, H Ban, CB Jensen, Y. Lee, Comparison of steady and transient flow boiling critical heat flux for FeCrAl accident tolerant fuel cladding alloy, Zircaloy, and Inconel, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer 132, 643-654 (2019).
2. Maolong Liu, Satbyoul Jung, Hyungdae Kim, Youho Lee, Experimental and Analytical Investigation into Boiling Induced Thermal Stress: Its Impact on the Stress State of Oxide Scales of Nuclear Components, Nuclear Engineering and Design, 341, 66-72 (2019).
3. Maolong Liu, Youho Lee, DV Rao, Development of Effective Thermal Conductivity Model for Particle-Type Nuclear Fuels Randomly Embedded in a Matrix, Journal of Nuclear Materials, 508, 168-180 (2018).
4. Maolong Liu, Joel Hughes, Amir Ali, and Edward Blandford, A concept design and accident analysis of direct reactor auxiliary cooling system (DRACS) for Fluoride Salt-cooled High-Temperature Reactors (FHRs), Nuclear Engineering and Design, 335, 54-70 (2018).
5. Maolong Liu, Nicholas Brown, Kurt Terrani, Amir Ali, Edward Blandford, Daniel Wachs, Potential impact of accident tolerant fuel cladding critical heat flux characteristics on the high temperature phase of reactivity initiated accidents, Annals of Nuclear Energy, 110, 48-62 (2017)
6. M. Liu, N. Erkan, Y. Ishiwatari, K. Okamoto, Passive depressurization accident management strategy for boiling water reactors, Nuclear Engineering and Design, 284, 176-184 (2015).
7. M. Liu, Y. Ishiwatari and K. Okamoto, Estimation of the Depressurization Process of Fukushima Dai-ichi NPP Unit 1 with SAMPSON, Nuclear Technology, 186, 216-228 (2014).
8. M. Liu, Y. Ishiwatari and K. Okamoto, Estimation of the depressurization process of Fukushima Daiichi NPP Unit 1, Japanese Journal of Multiphase Flow, 27 (3), 298-305 (2013).
9. M. Liu and Y. Ishiwatari, Unsteady numerical simulations of single-phase turbulent mixing in tight lattice geometries, Nuclear Engineering and Design, 256, 28-37 (2013).
10. K. Kawahara, Y. Ishiwatari, and M. Liu, Development of simple success criteria regarding alternative water injection for emergency response to long-term station blackout of BWR, Journal of Nuclear Science and Technology, 50, 201-211 (2013).
11. M. Liu, Y. Ishiwatari, Unsteady numerical simulations of the single-phase turbulent mixing between two channels connected by a narrow gap. Nuclear Engineering and Design, 241, 4194-4205 (2011).
12. B. Bai, M. Liu, et al., Correlations for predicting single phase and two-phase flow pressure drop in pebble bed flow channels, Nuclear Engineering and Design, 241, 4767–4774 (2011).
13. B. Bai, M. Liu, W. Su, X. Zhang, An Experimental Study on Air-Water Two-Phase Flow Patterns in Pebble Beds. Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power, 132, 042903: 1-5 (2010)
1. Seong Gu Kim, Maolong Liu, Youho Lee, Jeong II Lee, Heat transfer distribution of randomly packed pebble-bed fuels for Fluoride Salt-cooled High Temperature Reactor (FHR), ATH 2018, 11-15 November, Orlando (USA)
2. Soon K. Lee, Maolong Liu, Edward D. Blandford, Youho Lee, Comparison of steady-state and transient condition flow boiling critical heat flux (CHF) of FeCrAl alloy, Zircaloy-4 and Inconel 600, ATH 2018, 11-15 November, Orlando (USA)
3. Maolong Liu, Jared Thurgood, Youho Lee, Dasari V. Rao, Development of effective thermal conductivity model for FCM and pebble fuels with randomly distributed TRISO particles, NuMat 2018, 14-18 October, Seattle (USA)
4. Charles Forsberg, Dean Wang, Eugene Shwageraus, Brian Mays, Geoff Parks, Carolyn Coyle, Maolong Liu, FLUORIDE-SALT-COOLED HIGH-TEMPERATURE REACTOR (FHR) USING BRITISH ADVANCED GAS-COOLED REACTOR (AGR) GEOMETRY AND REFUELING TECHNOLOGY, 2018 Pacific Basin Nuclear Conference, September 30-October 5; San Francisco, USA (2018)
5. Amir Ali, Maolong Liu, Nicholas Brow, Kurt Terrani, and Edward Blandford, SURFACE WETTABILITY MEASUREMENTS of FeCrAl ALLOYS UNDER LWR ENVIRONMENTS, NURETH 17, Xi'an, China (2017).
6. Maolong Liu, Matthew Ryals, Ali Amir, Colby Jensen, Keith Condie, John Svoboda, Robert O’Brien, Edward Blandford, Development of Electrical Capacitance Sensors for Accident Tolerant Fuel (ATF) Testing at the Transient Reactor Test (TREAT) Facility. TRTR 2016. Albuquerque, NM, USA (2016).
7. Edward Blandford, Edward Arthur, Jay Disser, Janine Lambert, Joel Hughes, Maolong Liu, Demonstration of the 3SBD Concept for the Pebble Bed Fluoride Salt-Cooled High-Temperature Reactor (PB-FHR). INMM 2016, Atlanta, Georgia USA (2016).
8. Joel Hughes, Maolong Liu, Bryan Wallace, Amir Ali, Matthew Denman, Nicolas Zweibaum, Per Peterson, Edward Blandford, On the question of decay heat removal system redundancy for Fluoride salt-cooled High-temperature Reactors (FHR). ICAPP 2016, San Francisco, CA, USA (2016).
9. M. Liu, Y. Ishiwatari, K. Okamoto, “Improvement of the SAMPSON code for BWR severe accident analysis,” Proc., 21st International Conference On Nuclear Engineering (ICONE-21), Chengdu, China, July 29-August 2 (2013)
10. M. Liu, Y. Ishiwatari, K. Okamoto, “Estimation of the depressurization process of Fukushima Daiichi NPP Unit 1 with SAMPSON,” International Meeting on Severe Accident Assessment and Management: Lessons Learned from Fukushima Dai-ichi, Embedded topical meeting of 2012 ANS Winter Meeting and Nuclear Technology Expo, Paper-5979, San Diego, USA, November 11-15 (2012)
11. M. Liu, Y. Ishiwatari, K. Okamoto, “Estimation of the depressurization process of Fukushima Daiichi NPP Unit 1 with SAMPSON,” International Workshop on Nuclear Safety and Severe Accident (NUSSA), TS-62, Beijing, China, Sept. 7-8 (2012)
12. M. Liu and Y. Ishiwatari, "CFD STUDY OF THE SINGLE-PHASE SUBCHANNEL TURBULENT MIXING IN TIGHT LATTICE GEOMETRY WITH," Proc. 5th Int. Sym. SCWR (ISSCWR-5), Paper-P110, Vancouver, Canada, March 13-16 (2011).