1. Jiang S, Lv B, Guo W, Zhang C, Wang H, Sheng X, Shull PB, “Feasibility of wrist-worn, real-time hand and surface gesture recognition via sEMG and IMU sensing,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 14(8): 3376-3385, 2018.
2. Wang J, Xu J, Shull PB, “Vertical jump height estimation algorithm based on take-off and landing identification via foot-worn inertial sensing,” Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, 140(3): 034502, 2018.
3. Uhlrich SD, Silder A, Beaupre GS, Shull PB, Delp SL, “Subject-specific toe-in or toe-out gait modifications reduce the larger knee adduction moment peak more than a non-personalized approach,” Journal of Biomechanics, 66: 103-110, 2018.
4. Li L, Jiang S, Shull PB, Gu GY, “SkinGest: artificial skin for gesture recognition via filmy stretchable strain sensors,” Advanced Robotics, 1-10, 2018.
5. Xu J, Bao T, Lee UH, Kinnaird C, Carender W, Huang Y, Sienko KH, Shull PB, “Configurable, wearable sensing and vibrotactile feedback system for real-time postural balance and gait training: proof-of-concept,” Journal of NeuroEngineering and Rehabilitation, 14(1): 102, 2017.
6. Xia H, Xu J, Wang J, Hunt MA, Shull PB, “Validation of a smart shoe for estimating foot progression angle during walking gait,” Journal of Biomechanics, 61: 193-198, 2017.
7. Shull PB, Zhu X, Cutkosky MR, “Continuous movement tracking performance to predictable and unpredictable tasks with vibrotactile feedback,” IEEE Transactions on Haptics, 10(4): 466-475, 2017.
8. Lin S, Xu J, Zhi X, Chen D, Miao J, Shull PB, Cui D, “Design and fabrication of a stretchable circuit board for wireless posture measurement,” IEEE Electron Device Letters, 38(3): 399-402, 2017.
9. Shull PB, Xu J, Yu B, Zhu XY, “Magneto-gyro wearable sensor algorithm for trunk sway estimation during walking and running gait,” IEEE Sensors Journal, 17(2): 480-486, 2017.
10. Huang Y, Jirattigalachote W, Cutkosky MR, Zhu XY, Shull PB, “Novel foot progression angle algorithm estimation via foot-worn, magneto-inertial sensing,” IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 63(11): 2278-2285, 2016.
11. Huang Y, Xu J, Yu B, Shull PB, “Validity of Fitbit, Jawbone UP, Nike+ and other wearable devices for level and stair walking,” Gait & Posture, 48: 36-41, 2016.
12. Zhang D, Xu F, Xu H, Shull PB, Zhu X, “Quantifying Different Tactile Sensations Evoked by Cutaneous Electrical Stimulation Using Electroencephalography Features,” International Journal of Neural Systems, 26: 1650006, 2016.
13. Shull PB, Huang Y, Schlotman T, Reinbolt JA, “Muscle force modification strategies are not consistent for gait retraining to reduce the knee adduction moment in individuals with knee osteoarthritis,” Journal of Biomechanics, 48: 3163-3169, 2015.
14. Hernandez F, Shull PB, Camarillo DB, “Evaluation of a laboratory model of human head impact biomechanics,” Journal of Biomechanics, 48: 3469-3477, 2015.
15. Shull PB, Damian DD, “Haptic wearables as sensory replacement, sensory augmentation and trainer–a review,” Journal of Neuroengineering and Rehabilitation, 12(1), 59, 2015.
16. Zhang D, Xu H, Shull PB, Liu J, Zhu X, “Somatotopical feedback versus non-somatotopical feedback for phantom digit sensation on amputees using electrotactile stimulation,” Journal of Neuroengineering and Rehabilitation, 12(1), 44, 2015.
17. Shull PB, Jirattigalachote W, Hunt MA, Cutkosky MR, Delp SL, “Quantified self and human movement: A review on the clinical impact of wearable sensing and feedback for gait analysis and intervention,” Gait & Posture, 40: 11-19, 2014.
18. Sui J, Shull PB, Ji L, “Pilot study of vibration stimulation on neurological rehabilitation,” Bio-medical Materials and Engineering, 24(6): 2593-2601, 2014.
19. Shull PB, Silder A, Shultz R, Besier TF, Delp SL, Cutkosky MR, “Six-week gait retraining program reduces knee adduction moment, reduces pain, and improves function for individuals with medial compartment knee osteoarthritis,” Journal of Orthopaedic Research, 31(7): 1020-1025, 2013.
20. Shull PB, Shultz R, Silder A, Besier TF, Cutkosky MR, Delp SL, “Toe-in gait reduces the first peak in the knee adduction moment during walking in knee osteoarthritis patients,” Journal of Biomechanics, 46: 122-128, 2013.
21. Camarillo DB, Shull PB, Mattson J, Shultz R, Garza D, “An instrumented mouthguard for measuring linear and angular head impact kinematics in American football,” Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 41(9): 1939-1949, 2013.
22. Tenforde AS, Shull PB, Fredericson M, “Neuromuscular prehabilitation to prevent osteoarthritis after a traumatic joint injury,” Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 4: S141-144, 2012.
23. Shull PB, Lurie K, Cutkosky MR, Besier TF, “Training multi-parameter gaits to reduce the knee adduction moment with data-driven models and haptic feedback,” Journal of Biomechanics, 44(8): 1605-1609, 2011.
24. Wheeler JW, Shull PB, Besier TF, “Real-time knee adduction moment feedback for gait retraining through visual and tactile displays,” Journal of Biomechanical Engineering, 133(4): 041007, 2011.
25. Bark K, Wheeler JW, Shull PB, Savall J, Cutkosky MR, “Rotational skin stretch feedback: a wearable haptic display for motion,” IEEE Transactions on Haptics, 3(3): 166-176, 2010.
26. Shull PB, Gonzalez RV, “Real-time haptic-teleoperated robotic system for motor control analysis,” Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 151(2): 194-199, 2006.
1. Zhu Y, Jiang S, Shull PB, “Wrist-worn hand gesture recognition based on barometric pressure sensing,” IEEE International Conference on Wearable and Implantable Body Sensor Networks (BSN), pp. 181-184, 2018.
2. Xia H, Shull PB, “Preliminary testing of an angled sliding shoe for potential human energy harvesting applications,” 2nd International Conference on Robotics and Automation Sciences, pp. 147-150, 2018.
3. Xu J, Lee UH, Bao T, Huang Y, Sienko KH, Shull PB, “Wearable sensing and haptic feedback research platform for gait retraining,” IEEE International Conference on Wearable and Implantable Body Sensor Networks (BSN), pp. 125-128, 2017.
4. Maglott JC, Xu J, Shull PB, “Differences in arm motion timing characteristics for basketball free throw and jump shooting via a body-worn sensorized sleeve,” IEEE International Conference on Wearable and Implantable Body Sensor Networks (BSN), pp. 31-34, 2017.
5. Ling Li, Jiang S, Tao Y, Shull PB, Gu GY, “Fabrication and testing of a filmy “feelingless” stretchable strain sensor,” IEEE/SICE International Symposium on System Integration (SII), pp. 362-367, 2017.
6. Jiang S, Bo Lv, Sheng X, Zhang C, Wang H, Shull PB, “Development of a real-time gesture recognition wristband based on sEMG and IMU sensing,” IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics, 2016.
7. Chen DKY, Xu J, Shull PB, Besier TF, “Tactile apparent movement as a modality for lower limb haptic feedback,” International Conference on Human Haptic Sensing and Touch Enabled Computer Applications, pp. 373-383, 2016.
8. Yu B, Bao T, Zhang D, Carender W, Sienko KH, Shull PB, “Determining inertial measurement unit placement for estimating human trunk sway while standing, walking and running,” 37th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society EMBC, 2015.
9. Huang Y, Guo W, Liu J, He J, Xia H, Sheng X, Wang H, Feng X, Shull PB, “Preliminary testing on a hand gesture recognition wristband based on EMG and inertial sensor fusion,” 8th International Conference on Intelligent Robotics and Applications, 2015.
10. Zhang B, Shull PB, Zhang D, “A simulation study on nerve block by electrical stimulation with high frequency,” 9th International Convention on Rehabilitation Engineering & Assistive Technology, 2015.
11. Shull PB, Jirattigalachote W, Zhu X, “An overview of wearable sensing and wearable feedback for gait retraining,” International Conference on Intelligent Robotics and Applications, pp. 434-443, 2013.
12. Jirattigalachote W, Shull PB, Cutkosky MR, “Virtual pebble: a haptic state display for pedestrians,” IEEE Ro-Man Symposium, pp. 401-406, 2011.
13. Lurie KL, Shull PB, Nesbitt KF, Cutkosky MR, “Informing haptic feedback design for gait retraining,” IEEE World Haptics, pp. 19-24, 2011.
14. Rantala J, Myllymaa K, Raisamo R, Lylykangas J, Surakka V, Shull PB, Cutkosky MR, “Presenting spatial tactile messages with a hand-held device,” IEEE World Haptics, pp. 101-106, 2011.
15. Shull PB, Lurie KL, Shin M, Besier TF, Cutkosky MR, “Haptic gait retraining for knee osteoarthritis treatment,” IEEE Haptics Symposium, pp. 409-416, 2010.
16. Shull PB, Bark K, Cutkosky MR, “Skin nonlinearities and their effect on user perception for rotational skin stretch,” IEEE Haptics Symposium, pp. 77-82, 2010.
17. Lurie KL, Manual J, Shull PB, “Haptic motion training: exploring learning environments for a portable gait retraining system,” IEEE International Symposium on Haptic Audio-Visual Environments and Games, pp. 1-6, 2010.
18. Shull PB, Niemeyer G, “Open-loop bilateral teleoperation for stable force tracking,” IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 5121-5126, 2009.
19. Shull PB, Niemeyer G,” Force and position scaling limits for stability in force reflecting teleoperation,” ASME Dynamic Systems and Control Conference, pp. 607-614, 2008.
20. Hart JS, Shull PB, Gentry D, Niemeyer G, Roderick S, Akin D, “Wave-variable based force feedback for a space-qualified telerobot,” ASME Dynamic Systems and Control Conference, 303-310, 2008.
21. Shull PB, Niemeyer G, “Experiments in local force feedback for high-inertia, high-friction telerobotic systems,” ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, pp. 1241-1246, 2007.
22. Awwal AAS, Ferguson WS, Shull PB, “Best angle to orient two intersecting lines," SPIE, pp. 63100-63111, 2006.