1999, University of Tokyo Nuclear Reactor Engineering, Doctor
1988, China Institute of Atomic Energy Nuclear Reactor Safety, Master
1983, Shanghai Jiao Tong University Nuclear Reactor Engineering, Bachelor
1983 Southwest Institute of Nuclear Physics and Chemistry
1988 Engineer/Associate Researcher, China Institute of Atomic Energy
1999 Japan Nuclear Fuel Cycle Development Institute
2002 Professor, School of Mechanical Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Nuclear Reactor Engineering
Nuclear Reactor Thermal-hydraulics
Use of Nuclear Energy
Multi-phase Flow and Heat Transfer
2015-2019，National Science and Technology Major Project，Study on Hydrogen Safety in Containment.
2014-2017，China Ministry of Science and Technology, Thermohydraulic Design and Safety Analysis of Water Cooled Blanket.
2009-2013，China Ministry of Science and Technology, Interaction Mechanism on nuclear reactor coolant pump and correlation systems.
2010-2012，Doctoral Fund of Ministry of Education of China，Research on heat transfer with intermittent buoyancy induced flow.
2010-2013，Chinese National Fusion Project for ITER, Plasma radiation experiment and Non-destructive testing on Plasma Facing Materials and components
2006-2008，National Natural Science Foundation of China, Research on Thermal Fragmentation of Molten Material with Coolant Interaction.
2007-2008，NSFC-RFBR Joint Program, Research on thermal fragmentaton in liquid medium.
1.D Wand, L Tong *, X Cao. Numerical study on the influence of steam condensation on hydrogen distribution in local compartments. Annals of Nuclear Energy. 121 (2018) 468-478.
2. L Tong*, X Zhou, X Cao. Ultimate pressure bearing capacity analysis for the prestressed concrete containment. Annals of Nuclear Energy. 121 (2018) 582-593.
3. C.P, L.L.Tong, X.W.Cao. A hydrodynamic fragmentation model based on boundary layer stripping. Annals of Nuclear Energy 80 (2015) 95-100.
4. Y.Li, X.W. Cao*. Strategy evaluation for fire spray system on Advanced Passive PWR Severe Accident Management Guideline. Progress in Nuclear Energy 85 (2015) 319-324.
5. J.B.Chen, X.W. Cao*. Experimental investigation of effective parameters on geyser periodicity in a vertical heated system. Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science 68(2015) 163–176.
6. J.B.Chen, X.W. Cao*. Study on intermittent flow behavior in a vertical channel under low-pressure condition. Journal of Nuclear Science and Technology 52(1) (2015) 131–142.
7. G.F.Huang, L.L.Tong, X.W.Cao*. Study on Mitigation of Ex-vessel Release of Fission Products in Severe Accidents of PWR. Progress in Nuclear Energy 2015, 78: 56-64.
8. Y.B.Li, L.L.Tong, X.W.Cao*. In-vessel retention coolability evaluation for Chinese improved 1000 MWe PWR. Annals of Nuclear Energy. 2015, 76: 343–349.
9. X.M.You, L.L.Tong, X.W.Cao. Preliminary experimental study of liquid lithium water interaction. Fusion Engineering and Design, doi:10.1016/j.fusengdes.2015.02.057.
10. X.M.You, X.W. Cao*. Study of liquid lithium coolant interaction based on BP neural network optimized by genetic algorithm. Journal of Fusion Energy 34 (3)(2015) 671-678.
11. L.L.Tong, G.F. Huang, X.W.Cao∗. Simulation of fission products behavior in severe accidents for advanced passive PWR. Annals of Nuclear Energy 2015,76 : 493–503
12. Deng J., Cao X.W. A study on implementing a passive autocatalytic recombiner PAR-system in the large-dry containment,Nuclear Engineering and Design 2008,238(7):2554–2560.
13.Huang Gaofeng，Li Jingxi，Tong Lili，Cao Xuewu，Analysis of Effect of the Intentional Depressurization on Fission Product Behavior during TMLB’ Severe Accident，Nuclear Science and Techniques，2009,20(6) 373-379.
14.TAO Jun CAO Xuewu, Effect of water injection on hydrogen generation during severe accident in PWR，Nuclear Science and Techniques, Vol.20, No.5 2009 312-316.
15.DENG Jian, CAO Xuewu， analysis of hog leg natural circulation under station blackout severe accident ，Nuclear Science and Techniques，2007,18,(2) :123–128.
1. Nuclear Reactor Engineering, undergraduate, 45Hrs, 3 Credits
2. Advanced Nuclear Reactors and Applications, undergraduate, 36Hrs, 2 Credits
3. Nuclear Fuel Cycle, graduate, 54Hrs, 3 Credits